A Honeymoon is always special for a newly wed couple. Honeymoon destinations in the past used to be to places which are exotic and romantic. But nowadays, couples are looking for a bit more when it comes to choosing their dream destination. We have compiled a list of offbeat destinations for our honeymooners.
1. Tanzania and Zanzibar - From the Great Migration in the Serengeti, to sparkling waters on the spice island of Zanzibar, Tanzania is the perfect ‘beach and bush’ break. From hot air balloon safari to Ngorongoro Crater, romantic sunset cocktails to swimming with whale sharks, a Tanzanian safari has something for everyone.
2. North East India - North East is a hidden gem in India. The monasteries of Arunachal Pradesh, to the largest river island and the famous one horned rhino in Assam, the largest freshwater lake in Manipur, to the Seven Sisters Fall in Meghalaya, North East India is as diverse as it's states, languages and culture.
3. Brazil and Bolivia - The best part about these two countries, for Indians is that both are visa free! Copacabana and Ipanema beaches in Rio de Janeiro are considered as two of the best in Brazil and in South America. Apart from the beaches, Rio has one of the seven wonders of the world, Christ the Redeemer and is also one of the most popular night life destinations. Bolivia on the other hand, is superlative in its natural beauty, rugged, vexing, complex and slightly nerve-racking. It is one of South America’s most diverse and intriguing nations.
4. Finland and Lapland - Finland needs no introduction. The fusion of wild beauty, aurora sightings, contemporary design and culinary excellence is a beguiling mix. Throw in winter magic and irresistible summers, and you've one cool country. This is undoubtedly Santa's Paradise!
5. Japan and South Korea - Japan is truly timeless, a place where ancient traditions are fused with modern life as if it were the most natural thing in the world. This is the land of the Geisha and Sushi! Mount Fuji, Kyoto, Tokyo, Osaka, Hiroshima and Nagasaki, skiing in Niseko, staying in Ryokan, the cuisine, the castles, to the islands of Okinawa, Japan is truly a fusion of mountains and pristine beaches. South Korea on the other hand, is split by a hair-trigger border. The Korean Peninsula offers the traveller a dazzling range of experiences, beautiful landscapes and 5000 years of culture and history.
At Viaje Tours and Travels we will plan out your dream honeymoon destination, so that you can only worry about packing your bags.